At lunch today there was a woman sitting at a table inside the cafe when we arrived. During our meal, I noticed she had moved outside.
We were talking loud as usual (we work for a sexual and reproductive health organisation; all our lunches at the food-court near work are like this.) Today, however, we were in situ in Maling Road; a domain where different sensibilities are apparent?
I did wonder whether it was anything we said which made her move. Her face was still red when we passed her table outside. I wonder which of the following it was, that came out of her or my mouth during our meal:
- I do prefer a circumcised penis
- I told her to tell him he's a 'cunt tease'
- if I had [name of Year 9 student we believe is dealing drugs at prestigious school]'s number I'd call and get something, does he sell eccies?
- I've had brazilians, but it's a bit grey down there now. I'm looking for pubic hair dye
- the full '70s bush, alright! Fabulous!
- I told him just to go to a prostitute
- I always had his dick in my mouth
- the sex was amazing
- he's good at going down on me
- maybe I need to try some woman love... I could probably go there, but I really like a dick I think
- she's got kissing ahead of her. I loved kissing. Notice how I use the past-tense. Sad.
- I told him just to have sex with me when I'm asleep even. I don't care. Or just a quickie.
- we didn't have sex the entire time we were away
- a 14-year-old boy going for a massage? Bullshit, handjobs!
- I'm not the affair kind of person. I couldn't do that.
When I wondered to my friend if we'd scared the woman away she said: we weren't that loud.
The problem is, we are. We're desensitised and out there and I apologise to the Balwyn mum who happened upon us two in public.