let me list the ways:
1. i have a sore eye-socket. left.
2. my right arm is stiff, has been for ages. no i haven't been pumping iron.
3. i am cold.
4. i am eating too much ice cream.
5. i confess three and four may be connected. if not, they are evidence of my foolish, foolish nature.
6. i am housebound with 3 children.
7. i am bored.
8. i am wearing purple, velvet tracksuit pants, with a black skivvie.
9. i just forgot i'm heating the hair straightener in the bathroom.
10. i am going to straighten my hair.
11. then i am going to read the age.
12. we have two copies of the age today, because clokes put the copy bought in the morning on the table in the hall. i went out the back door and didn't see it.
13. last night we watched the first episode of dexter. i liked it except the ending was stupid. i hope it settles down with the stupid endings.
14. MY NAME IS MELBA AND I WILL BUY A MAGAZINE IF IT HAS BRAD PITT AND ANGELINA ON THE COVER.
15. we went back to mirka on friday night and had a bombe each. EACH. decadent and delish.
16. i bought some new undies recently. it hasn't helped.
17. the dog needs a wash.
18. the dog needs a flea treatment.
19. i enjoy the school holidays because i can sleep in. i don't enjoy them because i don't have my quiet space.
20. i need to earn some more money.
21. there is mould growing in the bathroom. see number 20.
22. ali asked if princess can go visit him again this year (either turkey, or the states over christmas. long term readers, this is a mistake, right? but she's older, right? not sure about it.)
23. ah the sun is trying to break through the clouds.
24. the hairstraightener might start to smell soon.
25. big brother is so fucking boring. i hate them all. especially cherry.
26. no, i don't hate them all. but they are all boring.
27. whatever happened to memes? i swear, i got sick of them for a while, but now they are nowhere. sociologically, are memes for newbies? did we all just go through that stage, or are there new ones out there? i'd be up for a meme. i miss meme'ing.
28. i feel that my little corner of blogworld is struggling. i know i can go on and on forever. i'll be blogging until i'm 90 and blind i think. but people who have more to do in their lives, are like living their lives, and falling off the blog-dar. it's ok, i understand, i am not bitter.
29. except for fits. i miss fits. this is what i've had in drafts regarding fits.
* * *
title: on the passing of ms. fits. it still hurts.
this is what happened on the fateful day. the same day as our first anniversary, may 26th, 2008
[melbournegirl is talking to husband clokes on their first anniversary, this evening about 6 o'clock]
mg: i'm devastated
clokes: yeah, i wondered how she'd keep it going. she's so busy.
mg: yeah i know, but it's so sad.
clokes: it's ok. another one'll come along...
mg: [leaves the room]
* * *
[later that night, during the festive and romantic celebrations]
clokes: are you on the computer?
mg: you don't understand
clokes: yes, i do. it's our anniversary.
[sound of handbeater struggling to cream rock-hard western star in the kitchen. the kids are icing a cake.]
* * *
princess [opening new idea]: ok, this is an article on relationships, you guys need to read it.
mg: i don't need to read it, i've read it already.
princess: well, clokes, you need to, dude.
clokes: don't call me dude!
princess: i call everyone dude.
* * *
i still check her blog. i still hope. i am bereft. an abandoned child. she was my mother-ship. my touchstone. my corner-stone. my hero. my idol. my shiva.
and now she's gone. gone.
other "outlets" are not satisfying. i don't listen to her. i don't read the gg articles. i always forget about the book show. but for me it started with the blog. i need the bloggy goodness of ms fits.
is anyone else feeling this way?
it's a bit freaky, isn't it?
just call me mel.
* * *
30. sun is out now, i feel better. i have purged and now i go to straighten my hair.