remember the old test pattern i think it was on the abc because they didn't have enough money to "put more television" on?
- wondering how to solve certain bedding issues in the secret life of them flat
- wondering how to get my beloved to see atonement with me on our date friday night
- wondering, indeed, where to go for dinner on our date night friday night. suggestions?
- wondering how hard it's going to be to get my beautiful, wonderful and entirely necessary cooking books out of storage.
- wondering who graham kennedy is on facebook.
- wondering where to store gigi's other bed that we are not using. see, more fucking bedding iss-ews.
- wondering how to approach blogging about the trip. to be honest, it seems old news now. i like to move on, man. but i've promised and i will work out a way.
- pondering the golden compass and the negative reviews etc, nay religious propoganda, that it has attracted. geeze you can't win. "offensive" religious pieces get damned, and then an atheist, yet spiritual and human, movie gets panned as well for being anti-christian. what's wrong with being anti-christian? really, it's not as if atheists want to kill christians and eat them. why can't atheists have a fair go?
- wondering if leo's spaghetti bar really has gone bad or whether it was just an off night on nye?
- wondering whether i should have a martini party and invite just 3 people because i only have 4 martini glasses out of storage. people could bring their own glass?
- wondering whether nicole's pregnancy will go all right. i really hope so. she's so vulnerable.
- wondering which series of books to get princess onto once she finishes the narnia chronicles. suggestions?
what i am reading:
- phillip roth's memoir of his father's illness, patrimony.
- the third in the golden compass series, can't remember what it's called.
- the age newspaper
i am off the trash mags. trying really hard.
what i am cooking:
- soba noodles in dipping sauce
- spaghetti bolognaise
what i am waiting for:
- fegari seafood in hampton to re-open january 21st i think it is. i need, NEED, one of my spaghetti marinaras. with buckets of chardonnay.
- d. chirico bakery to re-open, ALSO january 21st. i need, NEED, some of their bread. but in the meantime i am making do with greg brown's rye and sunflower seeds 1kg bread. a very worthy replacement. may even out-do chiricos. i will do a bread-off when chirico re-opens. anyone care to join me?
- school to re-start. it's always an exciting time of the year. plus then i get my days to myself.