i have always had a bit of a thang for john cusack. like the rest of the world. but because i'm a contemporary of his, my thing goes back to the first time i saw him in a movie.
and no, it wasn't say anything, the movie that people always cite as the movie they "discovered" and therefore for ever after owned john cusack.
it was the sure thing, in 1985, made a full 4 years before say anything. so you see, i own him.
but anyway. this post is more about the darling diablo cody than john. sort of. kind of. you see, she has gone from writing a blog, writing a book about being a stripper for a year, and then writing a screenplay for a movie that won academy awards a couple of months ago. i've been following her myspace page, and a recent offering was this:
Artist on Artist: John Cusack and Diablo Cody
there are just so many things i like about this video, this girl and of course, john.
1. the fact that they started chatting at some old function.
2. the fact that they stayed in touch. texting. calling. so sweet that he would do that.
3. the fact that she is wearing long, red socks and funny shoes, but she doesn't look try-hard.
4. the fact that she's got short hair at the nape of her neck, like me.
5. the fact that she mocks herself on her myspace page about the looks she gives the camera and that she fidgets in her chair like a romanian [attention-starved] orphan.
6. she's just so damn smart and quick.
7. he gives her a kiss at the end.
i think he likes her. the way he says "nice" after she describes her latest horror film project about a girl who literally consumes the men she seduces "she eats boys" is so telling.
and i want to be her.