1. I want to sleep. A lot. I am wondering if I'm at the opposite end of the life spectrum to "teenager" and whether that once we pass some physical mid-point, we start going backwards, and do things that the other people at the same point on the other side do. This morning, for example, once the two children who were going to school were packed off out of the house, and the other one (day off, fucking teacher inservice or some rubbish, but anyway she's sick so it's for the best) was in her room, I went back to bed with the paper, so obligingly supplied by Clokes. I read that. Then I read some teenage fiction (I read what Princess reads, I trail behind her though because I also like to read my old-person shit). Then I closed my eyes. When I woke up it was 1/4 to 12. NOON people.
I've heard it said that this is a sign of depression. I think it's just a sign of tiredness and my body needs rest. In the old days, ladies took to their beds with the vapours. These are my vapours.
2. I started a new job last Thursday. It's teaching but it's SEX ED teaching. Oh my. I think this is going to be the best job I've ever had. Not that I'm a sex freak but it's just so danged interesting, presenting these programs to kids. And the other people I'm working with are all really cool women, no shrinking violets there. It's ace. So far. I'm not going to blog much about the job. But just to let you know I've stopped the CRT work and have two days a week regular. Nice one.
3. Walking the dog I was thinking about Bad Boys. As a sideline to this, I am convinced the reason Robert Pattinson is so damn attractive is his sideburns. And his hair. Obviously, he's a fucking spunk in the face, but the hair and sideys really make him extra spunky.
Anyway, Bad Boys. They will just break your heart each and every time. The Good Girl wants to fix him, so that she is the one he changes for. This is the biggest fantasy in the world, and never happens. Unless you wait until he is 50 or 60. Then maybe.
4. Squib sent me a wonderful badge and two gorgeous hair bobbin thingos. They are great. So thanks squib. You've made my day.
5. It's a beautiful day (oooops, sun just went behind the clouds. OH NO!) It's mild and sunny [waits] and the idea of winter coming to an end is pleasing. I have felt the cold this year and it seems to have dragged on. It's the worst thing about this city. Last few years I've wondered if the winters were getting milder. Well this winter and the last one have stuffed my theory.
6. Tonight for dinner we are going to have a big-fuck tuna salad. Mmmmmmmm.
7. Last night I went out to an obligato school mums dinner. Twenty women screeching and clucking and cackling and talking and drinking double wines. It was at a horrible place, think Tabaret, and while I chatted to a couple of newish people, all I really wanted to do was be back at home, in bed with my hot-water bottle and book. One of the women was suggesting a trip away to a Qld Island - a group trip for 5 nights. HOW WONDERFUL WOULD THAT BE??? she shrieked in my ear. I smiled politely. I was thinking how I would hate it. This dinner, stretched over 5 or 6 days.
8. My meal was crap. I ordered nasi goreng with seafood. Big mistake. The seafood was horrible - apart from the calamari. Oddly, that was delicious. The rice and vegies inside were good, the mussels disgusting. Even though I don't like mussels I thought I'd eat a few. Horrible, not fresh, wrong.
9. Tomorrow I think we are going to look at some houses. Daughter #1 is sick, has been all week, and even before that. It's turned into a post-viral asthma which is worrying. But we'll try and get out tomorrow to see some fuck-off expensive houses. We have to get out of this flat though. Anyone with a house wanting to trade lives? It'll be 2 years in December since we've been here and it's wearing a little thin.
10. Princess (daughter # 2) went off to school this morning. They were having a cultural diversity day. It'll be interesting to hear what they did; whether it was just a superficial treatment or something a little more real. She wore a red top of mine and tied a white ribbon in her hair to symbolise the colours in the Turkish flag. She wore a little Australian flag pin on the hem of her top, and also a Turkish crescent moon on red background charm around her neck. She's proud of her heritage, which is so good. I have gently tried to flag with her the possibility that she might come across some negative vibes to do with Muslims. She knows that suicide bombers and terrorists are usually described as Muslim, but I don't think she knows about the attitudes that are around re the Armenian genocide and particular, people's feelings generally about Turks.
And finally, number 11 is the little snippet in the paper yesterday about Tony Abbott's daughter calling him a "lame, gay, churchy loser." It tickled my fancy alot.
Anyway, enough of that my lovelies.
Diaries this weekend. Just a teaser: the Pat saga is not over. Oh, not by a long-shot.
UPDATE - more evidence of the vapours. I've decided not to go to the supermarket. I just want to stay here and do my toe-nails a bright red to match my finger-nails. Then I might do some writing. I've started making chicken stock, the sun is out again, and I JUST DON'T WANT TO GO OUT. I LIKE IT HERE.
But I must move the car from the clearway. Ok, doing that now. With my badge on.