1. Reading an article last weekend about Jane Campion and remembering a friend of mine in Sydney years ago who suggested to me, having met Jane, that I send her (my friend) my writings, and she could give them to Jane.
I had nothing ready to give. Then.
2. Knocking a glass off the bench yesterday morning as I put bottles in the recycling tub. I'd washed my hair and had a towel-turban which knocked the glass. It smashed on the kitchen floor so I had to clean up properly before tender bare feet started appearing at 7am.
3. Not knowing whether my position will be continuing at work.
4. Missing out at auction to rich fucking people who seem to have bottomless pockets. $725K won't buy a house? FUCK OFF.
5. Hearing that entry to another writing thing next year is "quite competitive." I bet I won't get in.
6. Having a fight with my bro. Hate that.
7. Offending one of my best friends with my thoughtless, rude mouth. Hate that too.
8. The sink in the bathroom getting blocked. Grrrr.
9. The amount of Gigi hair on the rugs.
10. The rain yesterday, bit better today, but the rain. Oh, the rain. Actually the rain didn't bother me, I'm just scratching around for a number 10.
11. Socialising with a couple at daughter's school's end of year partay last Sunday afternoon; hearing that they own 15 properties in Melbourne.
That should have been number 10, not the rain.
A couple of things that have brightened my week:
1. Exchange with aboriginal folk outside IGA around the corner on Sunday. They were lavishing the G with attention, and one told me "I love animals. I wish I was an animal. They are better than people." OK, this made me teary actually, as I walked home. But it was a nice connection.
2. The St Kilda Triangle has been stopped. I am happy about this. I don't care about the $5 mill payout. I'm a rate-payer. I also joined the UnChain StKilda, anti-THAT development movement, so the victory feels nice.
3. Chat on phone with good friend last night. She made me feel better.
4. Watching Get Smart and Lost in Space episodes with the kids. Makes my heart feel better.
5. There's a chance we will be moving soon. Fucked off the house-buying idea, and jumped on the let's-rent idea. Application is in on a place, we shall see.
6. Painting my finger-nails red. Oh yay for small pleasures.