Wednesday, September 12, 2012

The Bridport Prize 2012 - short list









So other people are announcing, I might as well too. I entered two short stories in this year's Bridport Prize (a UK writing competition).

Both my stories were short listed (again, like the Voiceless Prize, it's a long shortlist). They won't proceed any further but out of 6100 entries, I made the top 100. I am feeling pretty happy about this as it's the first time I've entered and it's my second run on the board in my recent efforts to get published and all that jazz.

I plan to submit both stories to another couple of things to see how they do. And of course, I will let you know if anything happens.

In other news, it's P's BD - SWEET 16. Unbelievable how did that happen etcetera etcetera. Have to go now and make a huge cauldron of chicken, mushroom and pea risotto for twelve people. Might also be time for a glass 'o wine after a huge day teaching.

No comments: