sublime tagged me for this meme. so here it is.
1. Three things that scare me
- someone I love dying.
- the majority of the voting public of australia. hopefully, this is no longer a current concern.
2. Three people that make me laugh
- my brother.
- g.o.b. on arrested development.
3. Three things I hate the most
- people who drive aggressively.
- people who abuse children, either mentally or physically.
- people who are intolerant of difference, ie racists.
4. Three things I don't understand
- maths beyond year 11 vegie-type.
- why the liberals got voted in again. this is not flippant. I really don’t get it.
- people who don't love reading.
5. Three things I'm doing right now*
- wearing new shoes which are blue, velvet, round-toed ballet flats. I am so pleased with myself.
- waiting for john to come home.
- feeling pretty damn good in my tight, mid-calf jeans.
6. Three things I want to do before I die
- finish writing a novel. just one of the fuckers. is that too much to ask?
- walk the bridle paths of england and scotland.
- become a grandmother.
7. Three things I can do
- ride a horse.
- make a fantastic vodka martini.
- tie a cherry stalk into a knot with my tongue.
only joking. i can't.
- what i can do is listen really well to your problems, and make you feel better.
8. Three ways to describe my personality
9. Three things I can't do
- keep my mouth shut when I really should. i'm learning though.
- make pastry.
10. Three things I think you should listen to
- my ideas. all of them.
- oum khoulthoum, egyptian singer.
- all of evita, both albums. the version with julie covington.
11. Three things you should never listen to
- anyone who puts you down and tries to completely dismantle your self-esteem.
- howard and costello bagging muslims. and yes, that is what they are doing. you see, the more they can make you fearful and scared, the more they can control you. read 1984. go on.
-bad talk-back radio. just turn it off. same goes for shows like today tonight. they are messing with your mind.
12. Three things I'd like to learn
- how to play the piano.
- how to become more self-disciplined.
- more about australian indigenous culture.
13. Three favourite foods
- ice cream
14. Three beverages I drink regularly
15. Three shows I watched as a kid
- i dream of jeannie. i wanted to be jeannie.
- get smart.
- the partridge family.
16. Three people I'm tagging
i’m not craig
* these were all true when I wrote this the other day. but they are not true now.
so an update of this question:
three things I am doing now.
- procrastinating about doing work.
- wondering how much it's going to rain on saturday and how that will affect princess and her birthday party.
- trying to remember I have the dog-washer coming to make gigi a beautiful, fresh-smelling pooch at 2.30 today.