1. i am so tired of seeing gordon ramsay's ugly mug everywhere i look.
2. take note racv club: i hereby declare a war on any dish with a menu description including the word "foam". it's not cool, it's so over, it's so common, it's not distinctive, it sounds REVOLTING, it does not tempt me, it puts me off. face it, when el bulli did it, it was "fresh, innovative and different." though i wouldn't have ordered a dish with foam then. now everyone else, including the racv club, is jumping on the old foam bandwagon, it just reeks of desperation and pathetic derivation.
[starts lobby group called "fuck foam, let's get back to real food"]
3. unless you order a la carte at di stasio, the staff will rush you along in quite a rude manner. won't go there again on principle.
4. at mirka's you can go and sit at the bar and have a coffee and one of their divine bombe glacees.
5. baked beans on rice with some cheese on top (and for moi, sea salt and cracked pepper) is a perfectly acceptable sunday night meal.
6. making traditional italian sausages is a somewhat erotically charged activity and weird when you "do it" with your in-laws.
7. 40+ kilos of pig meat MAKES A LOT OF SALAMIS.
8. aldi fruit is shit.
9. eating "potato jewels" from aldi, then south melbourne market dim sims, then 1/2 doz coffin bay oysters from south aus, is possibly the strangest meal i've had on a friday night for a while.
10. vegemite toast is just not the same without butter.
and isn't the weather glorious? love, love, love how the city looks, and the sky behind it, as we drive around the lake to msac on a monday night.
must. take. camera. next. week.