as it will take me a while to compose the "copycat from ballarat" blog, where i post pictures of how i imagine you all to look, let me ask you a question.
what are your favourite movie moments? ones that you remember vividly, ones that you can think about now and chuckle over. even the ones that yeah, you've seen the movie so many times and you will still laugh or cry over that perfect moment.
for me the list goes something like this:
1. the moment in big when tom hanks is at a soiree and starts eating the caviar off the table, then registers the taste, then just opens his mouth and lets it all fall out back onto the table.
my sister reminded me of this scene, which is one we have laughed over and reminisced over many times, tonight on the phone when she told me her son had done this exact same move over dinner.
2. the scene in terms of endearment where debra winger is dying in hospital and shirley maclaine brings in her two little boys to say goodbye. i don't care who you are and how much you earn/what a spunk you are, if you can tell me you have watched that moment and not been moved then you have no heart. i will cry every time. every time. and i'm talking sobbing, not silent roll-down tears. better not tell me, then i won't be able to love you anymore.
3. the moment in meet the parents when ben stiller rises up out of the pool in slo-mo, with a beast roar and slams the volleyball into the bride's nose. there are other classic moments in this movie, but this is one that makes me laugh out loud each time.
4. when dorothy says goodbye to the scarecrow. enough said.
5. in tootsie, when jessica is talking to dustin as dorothy about men and their pick-up lines "wouldn't it be nice if a man just came up to you and said, 'i could try and lay a whole line on you about this and that, but i think you're really attractive and i would love to sleep with you', wouldn't that be great?" and dorothy says "heaven, sheer heaven."
can't think of any more right now and have to go and watch medium on tape, but would love to hear some of yours.