1. you buy me lingerie even though you know i'm at the tail end of my period, and you may not get any tonight.
2. you don't make a fuss about arriving home after work, to see me and my ex-husband drinking italian spumante.
3. you don't make an unfunny joke about being out-italianned by the turk. you graciously left that up to me.
4. you put up with my moods.
5. you put up with my criticism.
6. you still think i have a great arse, even more than three years later.
7. you do still think i have a great arse, don't you?
8. you don't flinch when i tell you that we can't have the pancetta at the wedding cause of our jewish guests. you don't even say but what about all the italians? there'll be 40+ italians and only a handful of jews? - which i would find it hard to argue with. luckily, we found a compromise. i am all about being inclusive.
9. you also don't flinch when i respond thank you when you tell me you love me. (it's my little ryan from the oc joke, geddit?)
10. you don't make a fuss when you see my ex-husband's washing on the line. he's going tomorrow.
at least i didn't iron his shirts
11. you don't hassle me for the strip-tease i promised you oh, about two valentine's ago. i know it's in writing - thank you for being patient.
12. but most of all, you just love me. no matter what.
thank you for that.