3. watching Breakfast at Tiffany's for the first time.
4. wasting time thinking about how Breakfast at Tiffany's has gone straight into my top-10 movie list, and then pondering what that list would actually consist of, and if indeed it would be only 10. perhaps it would be a top-10 list of 15 or 20 movies?
5. reading bette and joan: the divine feud, by shaun considine. and knowing it doesn't count as "research."
favourite quotes so far:
bette davis on joan crawford - what in the hell did she ever contribute to fashion - except those goddamned shoulder pads and those tacky fuck-me shoes.
joan crawford on the casting couch - it sure beats the cold, hard floor.
things that are helpful while i'm trying to do work:
1. reading the Dressmaker by Rosalie Ham. Good distraction.
2. reading the Gathering by Anne Enright and seeing the craftsmanship and how to do it.
3. reading Carl Jung's theories. finally something I can hang my life on. a belief system that's not religion. and it all makes sense and is tangible and believable and awesomely intellectual. carl, baby, where have you been all my life?
things that could be in either of the above groups and i'll never know:
1. going out last night eating cous cous royale with lots of succulent lamb.
2. waking at 4am, lying there for an hour. getting up and reading for the next 3 hours, then sleeping until noon.