Tuesday, October 17, 2006

whales, and derek and clive


this is quite charming, i think. i just love the way dudley kind of sees where peter is going with this, and then hooks into it.

this is the second-last one, i'm building up to the one that probably made me laugh the most.

you know, you tube is fantastic just for the fact that this stuff is there, available. it's like having a personal archive of my life, my history.

i wonder if there are clips of adventure island, the magic roundabout, and the original bill and ben the flowerpot men?

i could take you all on a personal history of mg's media delights, starting from when i was 4.

first ipods meant that you could have your ultimate collection of music, all in the one place, all accessible at the touch of a finger.

now it's anything you might have seen on tv. or, as is the case of derek and clive get the horn, heard on a crappy cassette back in the early '80s.

and i have my own youtube ideas, oh yes i do. but i won't be telling you about them. i'll give you a hint: lipsync.

but it will take me a while to get my project up and running. john thinks i'm mad, i think, but i am creatively excited.

just about to take the gigi down to elwood beach to meet a friend. i've been to the gym, and i had a job interview yesterday as well, so my lovely pottery life of "leisure" may be about to change. more details as they come to hand.

7 comments:

meva said...

That's bloody brilliant, innit!

Rowena said...

Maybe they have the Famous Five on YouTube! I'm gonna see ...

Melba said...

i think god has frozen the clip below. no, really. as, you know, punishment or something. he hath blighted my derek and clive "horn" clip.

sadness. i keep wanting to look at it. any suggestions on what to do?

Riss said...

Best of luck with the job interview. Hope it wasn't too horrendous.

I'm not Craig said...

YouTube lipsyncing project? Where do I sign up?

I have experience working on a "musical for the deaf", if that helps.
(Seriously. My ex's father is an 'ideas man')

And best of luck on the job front, whatever the job is. I will check your blog for details daily.

Melba said...

no job news yet. i'm in two minds about it, and that's not just talking myself out of it, so i can pretend i'm not that disappointed if i don't get it. but it will mean less time for me to be creative.

i'm re-reading "a room of one's own" and getting ready to write again. and a job would seriously interfere. or would it? if i have to write, i will regardless of what else is going on in my life.

musical for the deaf. if i decide that's to be the project, i know where to go, i'm not craig. thanks!

Melba said...

correction: not a room of one's own, it's "rooms of their own" quite different book, but drawing the title from a similar place.

this book i'm reading is a series of interviews by jennifer ellison (never heard of her) with significant female australian writers. it's fabulous.