ok, as promised here is the rest of it. you might have wondered why i even bothered last night to try to do this? as bevis has commented, i should have just left it until i was less tired and emotional.
but i had promised i would do it last night.
so that can be number 6:
6. i really really do my best to keep my promises. having said that, i am also quite careful about WHAT i promise.
7. i prefer dogs to cats
8. i learnt belly dancing before it was trendy.
9. over my life i have had the following recurring dreams
- when i was little, like about 5 i was a fat fairy who had to really work at flying by flapping my arms really hard, and then i would slowly lift off and then fly around to perform all manner of impressive feats. most of them was saving my family. i don't know why i was fat, cause i wasn't in my real life.
- also when i was little i would dream of a wall of sand that would pulsate forwards and backwards, to the backing of a throbbing drum sound (i know, i know. weird.)
- when i was in primary school i would have dreams that i was at school in my singlet. and nothing else.
- similar dreams persisted when i was in secondary school.
- as i got older and shouldered grown up responsibilities and stresses, i would dream that either my teeth were falling out, or that i had scratchy wiry stuff stuck in my throat. i could breathe through it, and would be careful not to panic, but would reach down my throat and pull out this stuff. there would be miles and miles of it, often wire, sometimes fabric. horror story, yes? i know, you don't have to tell me. serious anxiety issues? but the thing is, in real life i am not anxious. i am pretty much in control of things.
10. still on the dream theme, i very RARELY have sex dreams. and when i do, it is usually with some famous person, and not necessarily someone i fancy in real life. often these dreams morph not into sex, but there'll be an encounter, then we become friends and it's romantic and flirty, but doesn't go any further. that's ok. i guess.
11. i don't think i know how to flirt.
12. i am very good at keeping secrets.
13. once i bought a $245 bottle of cristal champagne as an act of revenge. it didn't taste any damn different to a $15 bottle of yellowglen. but it was the act that was powerful.
14. i am lucky in that things always turn out for me in life, but unlucky in that i never win raffles/prizes/tatts/etc. i believe that things work out for a reason, i look for the reason, and if something is not good now, it doesn't mean i can't turn it around and see the benefit later.
15. i like my feet
16. sometimes i worry that using nail polish and hair dye will give me some sort of cancer
17. i like the idea of wearing a uniform to work. i applied for the police a few years ago, but i wear glasses and was too blind for them. i blitzed the entrance exam though.
18. when i was at school i had a MAJOR fully in LOVE crush on adam ant. i had a scrap book. i went to BOTH his melbourne concerts, i went to the southern cross hotel where he was staying, i took a present of a coffee table book of waltzing matilda, of course with my name and contact inside. i was allowed past the throng of school girls to take it to the front desk to leave for him.
i never heard from him. i moved on.
19. i think i have a touch of ocd. all my coathangers have to be facing the same way (hooks to the back) and i like all the labels on my food jars to be facing the front. the tv volume has to be on an even number.
20. i can never remember jokes. in my life, i have heard so many, but i just can't remember them. there's only one that i can. i told it on someone's blog. they still talk to me, but it is pretty gross. i don't know why that's the only one.
so that's it. i struggled with the last one, but it's done now. not sure if i complied completely with the brief, what was the brief? things you don't know about me?