Thursday, May 04, 2006

uh-oh, oh no, i'm a goner. what am i going to do? how can this be? shit.



















current (online) obsession. i just never thought i would have a crush on two lipsyncing chinese boys.
at once.


just checking in.

with two words for you.

you.

tube.

i am in big trouble. for an addictive personality, comme moi, who has to get a thesis in, like pronto, discovering something like youtube is at once an excitement of the highest order, tinged with anxiety. because i know it will be so hard to resist. especially as i cast my eye, and my mind, around for ever-more distractions, in the lead up to my submittal.

i am over the thesis. i want it in. out of my hands. off my back.

and then i can quietly have a little reaction, get even more moody than usual as i wonder what to do with myself, and why does my life have no meaning, etc etc.

i know.

i should just tell myself youtube will wait for me. and that will be my life meaning. to explore and find and share all sorts of jewels that i'm sure are waiting there for us all.

pray for me.

14 comments:

PiesFan90 said...

There's this guy I know who can make internet connection disappear, temporarily, or would that make you more moody?

BEVIS said...

Haha. Beware, Clokes.

MG, did you find these guys through the link on my blog? I've had it up there since the beginning of time (okay, maybe not quite that long), listed under "Useless Internet Links".

Doesn't matter either way, of course - I'd just hate for you not to have known about the funny stuff I've got linked there, if "procrastination" is what you're after ...

All the best with finishing that thesis.

sublime-ation said...

I am exactly the same. What's wrong with us?

Melba said...

clokey, don't you dare.

bevis, no i found it while searching for something else. found an article on lipsyncing:
http://www.slate.com/id/2140697/?nav=ais

which is very amusing.

sublime, what's wrong with us is we have work to do and there's a deadline. it's a simple equation:

work+deadline=procrastinatin-of-the-highest-order

i'm not usually a procrastinator, so maybe in my case, the formula goes something like this:

work+deadline=pressure-that-makes-me-feel-i-can't-do-anything[aka immobilisation?]

Tammiodo said...

But what is there not to crush on... lipsynching Chinese boys. I'm sharing your obsession.

BEVIS said...

I love the obscure and entirely redundant third guy in the background, purportedly ignoring them completely, and hard at work.

What a fantastic trademark!

These guys have put a lot of thought into it, not to mention putting a crapload of work into their actual 'performance'.

Melba said...

yeah that's what i thought bevis, but clokey reckons he's controlling the camera.

i like to think he's working really hard, while the two chinese boys are just going at it, perfecting the art of lipsyncing, and totally ignoring their studies. it goes completely against the grain of the conscientious chinese student. love it.

Melba said...

which is a stereotype of course, to which i do not ascribe.

Rach said...

Someone else in Blogland is doing their thesis, thank God. For me it's work+deadline=uncontrolled baking/paralysis, but we all have our responses.

BEVIS said...

Controlling the camera? How? Why? It's a stationary camera, isn't it? It doesn't appear that any 'controlling' is required.

Anyway, there's no screenshot of the other guys singing on his computer screen whenever he moves out of the way. I think it's just all part of their trademark.

But I'm a 30-year-old man who still loves The Muppets, so what would I know.

Melba said...

that's EXACTLY what i thought bevis. let's gang up against john and tell him

BEVIS said...

Um, it might be better for everyone if I sit this one out, actually ...

:)

Melba said...

[does coco dance at bevis a la g.o.b in arrested development]

[wets self laughing]

Sarah Saad said...

شركة نقل عفش بمكة
نقل عفش بمكة
نقل عفش بالخرج
شركة تنظيف فلل بجدة
شركة تنظيف فلل بالرياض
شركة تنظيف منازل بمكة
https://companymoversinjeddah.wordpress.com
https://allmoversinriyadh.wordpress.com