- lime-green, v-knee colonial jeans
- t-shirt with my name printed on it
- my dolly cut [ok, not clothes or accessory, but still a fashion statement and much mourned]
- denim runners [methinks there was some sort of orange trim as well]
- brown, checked miller shirt [with pearl buttons]
- treads - they were pale and navy blue, and were really heavy to wear around the Royal Melbourne Show when I was about 12
- slats - these were cane-soled "thongs" which were square and cluncky and the toe strap piece was covered in black velour. so 1975.
during the '80s
- emerald green mohair cardigan
- black, suede floppy duran duran ankle boots
- pink floral pink cross-over "housecoat" dress [loved that so much, still want it now]
- bright orange cotton knit baggy jumper [button neck] teamed with lime-green, tight baseball style pants with PADDED KNEES
- bali shirt, purples, pinks, maroons and greens batik-y print. Wore it and wore it. Cost about $4. Then my sister wore it and wore it. Wonder if she still has it? The colours NEVER faded either. tres amazant.
- fake placcy-leather type cowboy boots that I inherited from my mum. They were well worn when I got custody, then I wore them and wore them. They smelt like shit and so did my feet when they'd been in them
adult - early '90s
- black shirt with cut glass buttons, really large lapels and cuffs
- white, high-heeled shoes, with laces [it was in japan - that's my excuse. an OL wannabe]
I might add to this list as things come up, but my biggest clothing or accessoire regret is a fine red wool dress that my mum gave me. It had been hers from the '70s and it had the best neckline and the red was just perfect [red is my colour you know] and the only thing was it was too long [like floorlength almost] so she let me have it taken up and i took it to japan, and then a friend brought it back here to Aus for me [to help me, so i didn't have to carry heaps of stuff, nor send too much] and it... never... made... it. My mum was really upset and disappointed in me, and that upset me. As it was months if not more than a year before i was able to talk to the friend, and my memory is so bad, it was never established what happened to it.
hot water bottles next time...