ok. seems someone thinks that i got on the mummy boy rant because of him. baby, it's not you. this is how i am going to prove it. it was a knee-jerk reaction to:
1. hearing jennifer keyte on 774 [yep, i'm a dag] talking about research in italy that reveals the hotel mama phenomenon. men aren't moving out of home
2. the publicity about mark latham's book
now this person that i am madly in love with has an italian background, and perhaps in the past has been a bit of a mummy's boy. but i cherish his closeness with his family. i love the fact that he loves women, because i am one. but i say that whether he is, or isn't an MB, the fact that he:
- tells me he loves me all the time, and is sober
- doesn't break up with me, then get together, then break up with me, then get together... you know the drill
- gives me flowers frequently and takes me out for nice wonderful lovely meals [ see my posting june 15]
- doesn't make excuses about why he can't see me. he is like "i'm so there, baby" whenever. wherever.
- calls when he says he will
- isn't having sex with anyone else
- isn't married to someone else
[all big no'nos if you are trying to figure out, well, whether he is into you. see He's Just Not That Into You ]
in short, he never leaves me having to make excuses for him: ie, oh he's tired, he's scared of commitment, he doesn't want to rush me, he doesn't want me to think he's too keen, he's playing it cool, he is busy... blah de blah.
plus He [note the capital H]:
- treats my daughter really well
- is kind and has never, never shouted at me. ever.
- is thoughtful and generous
- makes me laugh, often [this is very difficult to do, i tell you]
- is patient and understanding when i say this has to go really slowly [and by that i mean really slowly]
means that he is the nicest most gorgeous man-boy i have ever met.
i am so lucky.
PLUS, the best thing, that surely no mummy's boy could ever really do well?...
he goes down on me like you would NOT believe.